Buying and Selling Antiques of all Kinds!

I have been an antique dealer for more than 25 years! I have thoroughly enjoyed hunting for eclectic finds at tag and estate sales, auctions and buying from individuals looking to downsize. I believe in the green movement, that is re-purposing old things and bringing them back to use. The purpose of this blog is to share my journey into the world of antiques...from the beginning to the end sale and every point in between!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Garage Week 1 Projects






I confess...I don't do all of this on my own! My husband, Steve is my handy man, carpenter and the brawn of this operation! Ok...he wants his car in the garage this winter too! This week, we are working on the pictured projects...a sweet kitchen or pantry work table, just got a new coat of mustard paint, an industrial typewriter stand will be cleaned and repainted and the small primitive cupboard still needs a fresh coat of varnish to help preserve its wonderful blue paint. The items pictured are being what I call re-purposed, or in other words..."repaired, repainted or restored to make an item usable again" My own definition! You might ask, "Aren't these items antiques and shouldn't you leave them in their original state?" Well, sometimes, items are just in too bad of shape to leave alone, and rather than throwing them away, we have saved them and brought them back to life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment