Buying and Selling Antiques of all Kinds!

I have been an antique dealer for more than 25 years! I have thoroughly enjoyed hunting for eclectic finds at tag and estate sales, auctions and buying from individuals looking to downsize. I believe in the green movement, that is re-purposing old things and bringing them back to use. The purpose of this blog is to share my journey into the world of antiques...from the beginning to the end sale and every point in between!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Start a New Table Setting Trend


Have you or are you going to inherit the "Family's China?" I know what you are thinking...hand washing, stuffy, too fragile...just too much effort! Well, I want you to reconsider! Vintage dishware can set a gorgeous table...and its ok to mix and match china, glassware and flatware. Use newer charger plates, mixed with vintage china pieces...pictured here is my plan for Easter Dinner. Metallic chargers I purchased from a resale shop; The pink bird plates are vintage by Spode and the small sauce dish is from my grandmother; Mieto China, made in Occupied Japan. Everytime I use her dishes, fond memories rush back... the women in the family doing dishes together in the kitchen after every holiday meal. Families memories like these are important to pass on to children.

Maybe, just use vintage piece of glassware or china for a single course of a meal....bring out the pink depression plates for dessert; serve wine in antique etched stems...possibilities are endless. If you don't have inherited dishes...they are easily found at resale shops, antique malls or even garage sales...and the prices are usually quite affordable!

No comments:

Post a Comment